To find a solution to every immigration query, that is our quest. Private individuals and companies alike, please be welcome to challenge us.

Direct contact

Call us You can reach us at
+31 (0)20 520 7050

Residence permit to work after end of relationship

23 September 2019 Foreigners holding a permit to stay with spouse or partner can work without a work permit. In general, foreigners are freely admitted to the Dutch labour market after holding a residence permit for at least 5 year. The Secretary of State now emphasizes that foreigners whose marriage or relationship ends within this 5 year period, also lose their full access to the Dutch labour market. In case these foreigners apply for a residence permit for the purpose of work, they will need a labour tested work permit. These labour tested work permits are hardly issued. Meaning that the application for a residence permit to work will be rejected.


News and events

Foreign Entrepreneurs can apply for TOZO (Corona virus support)

17 April 2020 Foreign nationals holding a residence permit to work as en entrepreneur (free lance visa) can apply for TOZO benefits. This will not endanger...

Foreign Investor Permit: NVP steps out

14 April 2020 The Netherlands Association of Investment Funds (NVP) has informed the Dutch Immigration Service (IND) that as of 1 April 2020, the NVP no longer...

News and events