The Highly Skilled Migrant Scheme will be tightened in June 2011. This is the plan of the Minister of Immigration and Asylum and Social Affairs as proposed to the Chamber of Parliament.
The proposed meausures are the following:
– The salary of a highly skilled migrant must be paid in The Netherlands by the Dutch branch office if the stay of the highly skilled migrant in the Netherlands is longer than 6 months.
– Market conformity of the salary will be assessed.
– The salary must be paid every 4 weeks or every month.
– The salary must be in conformity with the usual hours worked per week.
– The employer must – upon request of the Immigration Service or the Labor Inspection – prove with documents that the salary is paid.
– The Immigration Service will check through the computer network with the Labor Directorate if the salary is actually paid.
– In stead of the gross salary, the social insurance salary (‘sociaal verzekeringsloon’) will be used as a basis to assess whether the salary threshold is met.
Source: TK 2010-2011, 32144, nr. 5.