Salary threshold 2023: Highly skilled migrant, European Blue Card and ICT
The salary threshold for a residence permit as a highly skilled migrant, European blue card holder, and for intra corporate transferee (ICT) have been announced.
Compared to the salaries of 2022, the salary threshold is increased by 3.47%.
The salary thresholds as of 1 January 2023 are gross per month excluding 8% holiday allowance as follows:
- Highly skilled migrant aged 30 and older: € 5008
- Highly skilled migrant younger than 30 years old: € 3672
- Highly skilled migrant after orientation year, or Master’s degree at a university or faculty ranked in the top 200 in the world: € 2631
- Manager or specialist aged 30 and over: €5008
- Manager or specialist younger than 30 years: € 3672
No age distinction is made.
- The salary threshold is: €5867
Salary threshold 2022 applicable for residence permit in 2023
Which salary threshold applies if applications are submitted in 2022, while the start of employment is early 2023? In that case, the 2022 salary threshold applies.